Quick Steps: Shop > Inventory Management > Product > Edit > SKU Tab
Or select the shortcut in the product listing:
SKUs tab: SKU stands for Stock Keeping Unit. This assists suppliers in identifying the product and it's size for inventory across various ecommerce platforms. In a way the SKU is similar to a barcode in that it is used for quick identification purposes and each size for a product will need a unique SKU in order to keep the records manageable for your supplier
These are not a mandatory field however if your supplier requires this you will need to include them to ensure that stock units are tracked accordingly
The difference between a product and a SKU is the product is the anchor, the SKU is where the transactions occur. When a product is first created the first SKU will automatically generate.
Adding a SKU
Save product > SKU Tab > Select Display Add SKU Form
This will bring up the following fields:
- Product Title: The title field will automatically generate from the Product Name
- SKU Code: The SKU Code a free text field and is the unique reference point for all SKUs. This can be the code from you ERP or POS system. If you use the RMS integration this field is mandatory in order to have it function correctly
- Units: The current Stock on Hand for the SKU
- Weight: The Weight of the product. Can enter decimal points (KG)
- Length, Width, Height: Measured in centimetres, a value must be entered for these fields in order to be able to save
- Size: The size drop down is dependent on the sizing type selected within the detail tab when initially creating the product. You will be able to select any size from the drop down apart from those already created.
Once these steps are done click the Add New SKU button to create and automatically associate the SKU to the product.
Please note: If you do not utilise SKUs you can simply leave it blank.
You will also notice, Weight, Length, Height, Width are mandatory fields. We recommend putting in 1 in each field as this is only essential if you are using Table of Rates Shipping as your postage settings.